Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cardapolooza

I notice that many students that take crafting classes have a tendency to save the cards and projects they make in the class. I know people like to use them for inspiration or to refer to when making other cards, but I also think these cards should be used for those occasions that they were intended for. 

I've seen classes where you can make different versions of the same card. I liked this idea and thought that not only can you keep one for yourself but you can also use the extras. I decided to teach a class like this and put a different spin on it. These classes usually use several different stamp sets but I wanted to show people that you could do this same thing but use only one set of stamps. I picked the stamp set 'Flap Happy' from Paper Smooches and used some of the dies that go with this set.



What I like about this stamp set is that it has several different sentiments that could work different occasions. Plus, they could be used to create not only elegant cards but also cute and whimsical cards.

I went to my LSS Kept Creations and looked for papers that would work together as a sets. I knew I could create at least four different cards from the stamp set of I decided to make 3 cards for each style. I picked three papers for each set that would coordinate well together.

Here are the four sets of cards I taught in my class.

 For the first set I used the Secret Garden collection from Graphic 45

 I combined two different paper lines for the second set Canvas Corp and Pebbles

 For this set I used three different paper lines BoBunny, Jillibean Soup and Lawn Fawn

Last but not least I used Graphic 45, Bella Blvd and Echo Park


Hope this approach to cardmaking shows that you can make many cards from just one set of stamps. You can also use just the stamps, just the dies or both and by just changing the papers a little you have the same look but a slightly different card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment