Thursday, October 6, 2011

Slow Going but Committed!!!


Yes, it’s been three weeks since my first post but I’ve been busy. My first post was done in rush so I could get something up so students from Scrapbook Cupboard could keep tabs on what I’ll be doing and where.

The store has since closed and I’ve been busy getting my next projects for classes at The Crop Shop, in Rockland, MA completed before I go on vacation tonight. I completed two projects so you can look forward to seeing those on the store website/calendar. Make sure you sign up if you are interested in taking either of these classes.




I’ve always loved advent calendars ever since I was a little girl. I couldn’t wait to open the little doors on the paper ones and see what saying or picture was behind it. The joy was even more when I had a chocolate candy advent calendar. These calendars come in all shapes and size these days, plus they can contain candy or even toys for kids. This obsession continues to this very day. So much so, that my friend Kim Parkinson gave me a big wooden advent calendar in the shape of a tree for my birthday this year. I cannot wait to get out all my supplies and start decorating it.


For my class on Saturday, November 5th from 10am-12pm, I was able to combine two of my favorite things ‘inchies’ and my love for advent calendars. Some of the supplies are seen in this photo. Check back for a sneak peek to how these supplies were used to make a cute advent calendar for the holiday season. These will be a joy for kids to count down the days until Christmas.



Have a great holiday weekend. 

1 comment: